For Episode 4, Brad and Pippin briefly discuss (again) the JSON Rest API that has been proposed for WordPress 3.8, the core automatic updates (again) coming in WordPress 3.7 and how they affect plugins and themes, Pippin’s experience as a member of the WordPress plugins’ repository review team, our plugin picks for this episode, and also Post Forking, a project recently funded on Indiegogo.
Show notes and links:
- Ryan McCue – JSON REST API Interview on WP Tavern
- mobile apps – 40% of code base is to understand XML-RPC
- JSON support built-into Android and iOS natively
- can easily used from a theme’s JS – live reloading, commenting, infinite scroll, frontend posting, etc.
- Automatic updates will have hooks for themes and plugins
- Also discusses how to turn off automatic updates
- Detects svn or git repo, disables automatically
- Pippin’s experience as a member of the .org plugin review team
- Plugin Reviews:
- WP Post Forking funded on Indiegogo
Apply Filters is a podcast dedicated to WordPress development and brought to you by Brad Touesnard and Pippin Williamson. "We love talking about code and and not worrying about annoying the non-developer listeners in the audience." "Our discussions will include everything from development in WordPress core, plugins, and themes. We will be sharing much of our own experiences in the development world, as well as bringing on guest developers to share their stories."
Brad TouesnardBrad is founder of Delicious Brains, a company building super awesome products for WordPress including the critically acclaimed WP Migrate DB Pro, a plugin allowing developers to easily migrate their WordPress databases.